Friday, August 19, 2011

Spreadsheets. 'Nuff Said


Where are all the posts? I'm not a sportswriter, and I don't offer tons of insights into fantasy football.

What I do offer every season are fairly evolved spreadsheets for draft day, team management and pick 'em pools. And they're free.

Why? Just consider it a pay-it-forward, good Karma, I really love this game, not-trying-to-make-a-buck moment.

Just click the Spreadsheets tab above and you'll find links to the spreadsheets, housed at MediaFire (also for free so you may have to swat away some ads).

If they're helpful, I just ask you to drop a comment.

And I always update the links to the right that I personally find quite useful.

Enjoy. And good luck!
~Mike

4 comments:

Thanks said...

Thanks for these. Very nice, and much appreciated!

Mike said...

You're very welcome. Happy to provide them!

Kerry said...

Hey Mike,

I've been researching fantasy football in an attempt to show my husband the power of statistics and quantitative analysis but have found it slightly out of my grasp, so thank you so much for these and I'm really looking forward to going through your stuff.

Have you seen http://web.mit.edu/sunx/www/FantasyFootball_BeckerSun.pdf or http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/scholar?q=cache:zyE25C9RJbwJ:scholar.google.com/+Fantasy+football+draft+method+formula&hl=en&as_sdt=0,9

Do you have any recommendations for position picking order, outside of player valuation? I feel like there must be a best way to choose based upon limited players available versus limited team slots versus the limitation of how many players you can play at once. Also, do you have any recommendations for comparing ir combining rankings from different sources?

Math-ily yours,
Kerry

Verucadrlng@yahoo.com

Mike said...

Hi Kerry-- Thanks for the comments! I have not read those pieces but will. I'm a geek but not a true mathematician like my dad. But I love reading about the science of this hobby.

You have some great questions here and I haven't written an advice post in quite a while. So I'll write a post or two this week addressing both of your questions: picking order and rank sources.

Thanks!
Mike